The American Federation of Astrologers has an extensive collection of astrology books and periodicals, all of which have been donated by members and friends of the organization. There are more than 7,500 books in the library, and more than 10,000 periodicals.
Members of AFA are welcome to use the library for research by appointment. Please note: the AFA library is not a lending library; materials must be used on site.
The Grant Trust, established by AFA founders Catharine and Ernest Grant, is currently funding the repair of old astrology books in the library, many of which date to the 17th and 18th centuries. Also being funded is the development of a catalog database of all materials in the library. When complete, the catalog will be available on the AFA Web site.
Some of the notable older and original edition books in the AFA library are:
- Christian Astrology by William Lilly, 1647
- Elements of Astrology by L. D. Broughton, 1895
- An Illustration of Astrology Vols. I and II by Ebenezer Sibly, 1807
- Sibly's Astrology by Ebenezer Sibly, 1849
- Hazelrigg's Almanac 1901-1902 by John Hazelrigg
- Dictionary of Astrology by James Wilson, 1820
- Complete Herbal by Nicholas Culpeper, 1652
AFA always welcomes donations of books and periodicals for the library. Also welcome are monetary donations to purchase books. The goal is that the library be as complete as possible and that every astrological publication ever printed be a part of the collection. AFA is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization and donations are tax deductible according to U.S. law.